About Tupelo Honey
Tupelo honey is derived from the Ogeechee Tupelo tree blooms found only in the Cypress swamps of Georgia and Florida. It’s sweet buttery flavor. With a slight greenish color, it stands out from other honeys.
Honey from the Ogeechee Tupelo is certified authentic “Tupelo Honey” by pollen analysis. This rare honey is highly prized for it’s benefits.
Tupelo Honey Benefits:
- It can stay liquid for years, due to its high fructose – low sucrose content
- Diabetics can use this honey as a healthy sweetener
- It’s antimicrobial properties makes it a natural treatment to prevent wounds from becoming infected
- Honey has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Contains small amounts of vitamin c, iron and thiamine which makes it the healthier sweetening choice
- Tupelo honey is rich in antioxidants, which are valuable for fighting free radicals that are linked to cancer, arthritis, heart disease and diabetes